By law, Gas Engineers & Oil Technicians plumbing work must be carried out by a competent, engineer on The Gas Safe Register for gas and OFTEC for oil. Not only are we on The Gas Safe Register & OFTEC but we are also APHC, WIAPS, WATERSAFE & IDHEE registered, part L energy efficiency qualified, Part G3 qualified installers in un-vented hot water systems and qualified in the WRAS. This means that we are fully qualified to install, repair and maintain all types of gas & oil appliances, including energy efficient hot water and central heating systems. It also enables us to self certify new boiler installations to local building control, all our gas & oil notify-able installation work is The Gas Safe Register & OFTEC certified.
Landlords / Home Owners - Gas or Oil Safety Inspection
In 1996 the Government introduced a law that all landlords who rent part, or all of a property, must have all gas appliances and pipe work checked, and are certificated (CP12) every 12 months.
The same detail is now applied to all oil fired installations and a (CD12) is issued every 12 months.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Gas Inspection Include?
- Check each gas appliance for gas soundness.
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
- Check for burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers data plate.
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test integrity of the flue to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability Brackets (where appropriate).
- Check operation of all installed carbon monoxide / smoke alarms. (Now compulsory to have installed.)
- Carry out a combustion performance analysis with a combustion analyser. Issue receipt.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person. An appliance cannot be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed.
If your annual gas / oil safety check is now due, please contact us. As a Landlord, you are responsible for your tenant's safety. A (CP12 - gas) / (CD12 - oil) is issued annually.
Please fill out the form below and we will communicate directly with your tenant to arrange the gas safety inspection. All details are required within the form. You have the option of a boiler service and smoke or carbon monoxide alarm supply & fitting. Please make sure all fields are correctly filled in. Please advise whether the installation is gas or oil fired.
Landlords need to fill in the complete form. Home owners only need to fill in the required fields then answer the four questions...
Payment is generally made by way of invoice for landlords and after completion for home owners. Please view our pricing Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire or Dunstable page or contact us for our rates, return and complete our form to allow us to carry out your Gas or Oil Safety Inspection.
Health & Safety
We are conscious of maintaining a safe environment for all our staff, sub contactors and our important customers.
Please take the time to read our Health & Safety Policy, feel free to download here.
Incorrectly installed or faulty appliances can cause gas or even carbon monoxide leaks, both of which are potentially lethal. If you smell gas or suspect a carbon monoxide leak, you should immediately vacate the building and call our 24/7 Emergency Call Out Service. Alternatively you can call the Emergency Gas Helpline on 0800 111 999. All Our Gas Engineers are registered.
All Oil fired appliances realistically need to be checked on an annual basis. We can install, service and commission all domestic and light commercial boilers, appliances. We are fully qualified and our Oil Technicians are, OFTEC Registered.
PART P - Electrical Safety
We are fully compliant with all current regulations, in relation to all of our Electrical work. Our Qualification are up to date with the latest edition of the Electrical Regulations.
DBS Approved Engineers
All A. White Plumbing Service Ltd Engineers are all DBS Checked. The same detail applies to any Sub Contract work where required.
Vaillant Advance Boiler Installation Guarantee:-
- FREE extended guarantee of 7 years on ecoTEC
plus and exclusive models.
- Manufacturer Optional Upgrade Warranties - 8 (£90), 9 (£120) & 10 years (£150)**.
- FREE extended guarantee of 5 years on ecoTEC pro
- Manufacturer Optional Upgrade Warranties - 6 (£30), 7 (£60), 8 (£90), 9 (£120) & 10 years (£150)**.
Nest Pro Installer
We conscientiously maintain our Qualifications every 5yrs so we are always fully informed about the latest gas & oil safety rules and regulations. When you use A. White Plumbing Service Ltd, you can rest assured that the work will be completed safely and proficiently.